So almost every windows 10 user faced this critical error of Microsoft’s Windows 10 operating system. Without wasting time, we are giving solutions on How To Fix Windows 10 Start Menu.
Start Menu is the most important part of every operating system. Sometimes CORTANA assistant and notification button also stops performing.
So now we will work on how to fix it properly.
Solution 1 : Enter Safe Mode
Critical error can be quite troublesome , but some users of windows 10 claimed that it can be fixed by entering into the safe mode. To enter into safe mode , follow the steps
1. Press WINDOWS KEY + L to log out.
2. Click power button in the bottom right corner , HOLD SHIFT on your keyboard and click Restart
3. your computer will now restart to boot options. Go to Troubleshoot > Advance option > Startup Settings . click the Restart button
4. Once your PC restarts , press F5 to access Safe Mode with Networking
5. All you have to do now is restart your computer , problem should be resolved.
Read Also : Speed Up Your PC/Laptop with 4 Effective Ways
Solution 2 : Hide Cortana from Taskbar
1. Right click on Taskbar and choose CORTANA > HIDDEN
2. Now Right click on Taskbar and choose CORTANA > SHOW SEARCH ICON.
3. Restart your computer and check if the issue resolved.
Read Also : How To Solve a 3×3 Rubik’s Cube
Solution 3 : New Admin
1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to open Task Manager
2. When Task Manager opens, FILE > Run new task
3. Type Cmd , check Create this task with administrative privileges and click OK.
4. When command prompt starts , enter the following command and click enter. net user /add admin1 password1
5. This will create a new admin account in your computer and name of the account will be ‘admin1’ and password for the account will be ‘password1’
6. Now you need to turn newly added account by typing the following command. net localgroup administrators admin1 /add.
7. close command prompt , sign into the new user account that we have created & use your password ‘password1’ to log in.
8. Press Windows Key + R and enter %localappdata% . click Ok .
9. Find TileDataLayer folder and delete it.
10. Sign out of admin1 account and switch to your regular account
hopefully everything in this solution should work because this trick worked on my PC.
Read Also : Root any android device in just One Click
Solution 4 : Run Windows Update
The Windows 10 fall creator update fixed this issue of start menu for some users. So you can update your windows 10.
- Go To Settings & select Update & Security
- Now Click Check for Updates
- After Update completes, Restart your PC.
This simple solution may work in your PC as Updating may fix some other issues of windows 10 also.
Solution 5 : Check and Repair Corrupt Files
Now we will have to run System File Checker from Windows Powershell.
- Launch Task Manager
- Go to File and Run New Task
- Now Run windows Powershell
- Type sfc/scannow and press Enter
It will end up with some results stating successfully completed. It will repair the corrupt files. If it shows some error then type the following command DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and press Enter.
Thanks…..Subscribe to our newsletter to get more interesting posts.